Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dramatic Monologue: Fanny

I am worried about my friend, Lenina
She is heading towards nothing but trouble
Yes, Henry Foster is a gentleman,
But she needs to get out of her bubble.
Four months with one man
She is too young
That is not part of the master plan.
If only the D.H.C. knew.
Speaking of him
I don’t know why she doesn’t go for him
I have seen it
He looks at her from across the room
Up and down and up and down
But she insists on Henry Foster.
She must be careful
You don’t want the reputation of an imposter
I tell her what she already knows
“Every one belongs to everyone else”
But she only wants one.
I must get Henry off her mind.

The night has only just begun
I will set her up with the D.H.C.
How powerful and handsome is he.
But that man Bernard Marx
He did ask her for one night together
If not the D.H.C., then maybe
Just maybe she would go with Bernard
But you know what they say about him
I don’t know if he is a good idea.
But I guess anyone will do
Except for Henry Foster, of course.
She is too young
Four months is too long
If only they knew
She would be in trouble.

As for me, I am feeling a little out of sorts.
I am taking the temporary Pregnancy Substitute.
It won’t last long.
I will be back in the game soon.

I hope Lenina makes the right choice.
Every one belongs to everyone else.
She needs to stay away from Henry Foster
And give someone else a try.

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

interesting picture. are these the men lenina has to choose from and are they all the same? have a bit more fun with fanny's speech. i like how anonomys the men are as if they were no different from one another at all. - elmeer